Arms of Hope is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit Christian organization focused on assisting and extending a loving hand to some of the most disadvantaged children and single-mother families in our culture by providing shelter, necessities and life skills at their greatest point of need. Arms of Hope changes the lives of children and families in crisis through the following programs:
Residential Child Care
Meets disadvantaged children’s physical, emotional, educational and spiritual needs in a warm, family-like atmosphere where houseparents function as mother and father figures.
Helps motivated single mothers and their children transition into successful, independent futures by providing parenting skills, career training and a home in a peaceful and safe environment.
Provides an opportunity to connect with resources to help families deal with hardships and life’s challenges that often stress a family to the point where they need hope, restoration, and guidance to find a path towards success and independence.
A Family Outreach center is located at Highland Oaks. Here are some of the services provided:
- Networking and referrals to other non-profit agencies and organizations to ensure that each family can receive the maximum amount of support available
- Facilitate and offer Christian counseling to help heal wounds and begin the journey to emotional stability
- Connect the families to a loving church that will provide a safe place to worship and introduce the family to a community of Christ-centered followers
- Provide practical life skills training including budgeting, parenting skills and help with the job application process
- Help with rent, groceries and utilities costs
If you know of a family from the Lake Highlands area that could benefit from the services, please contact Sandra Wagner at email@example.com or 972-892-1865
If you would like additional information on Arms of Hope, then click on the following link: